To unlock Redmi Note 3 there are two different ways one is through official method and other is through unofficial method.
If you unlock through official method your mobile warranty won’t void.
If you unlock through unofficial method your mobile warranty will void.
You can follow bellow procedures which ever you like.
Redmi Note 3 Unlock Bootloader With Permission [Official Method]
Redmi Note 3 Unlock Bootloader Without Permission [Unofficial Method]
- A Fastboot ROM – Global Stable v 7.1.8 Rom works perfectly – Download
- Latest Mi Flash Tool → Download
- Unlocked_Bootloader.zip (212.1 KB) → Download | Mirror
- AnF.zip (876.4 KB) → Download | Mirror
To unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 officially with permissions from the manufacturer all you need to do is go to the first link in the download section and create an account then apply for unlock procedure for your device. The manufacturer will review your application and may take a week or two for the procedure to complete. Once your application is accepted go to the second link and download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool, login to your account, connect your device and follow the unlock procedure.
If you want to unlock the bootloader unofficially without waiting for too long or for the manufacturer’s permission, go through the following tutorial.
1. Verify your device for compatibility. The listed firmware is compatible with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant only.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, go to Settings>About Phone> Tap on the Build Number several times until you get a new Developer Options in theSettings. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging from there. Trust the connection by allowing it when you connect it to your PC for the first time.
3. Now go to Settings>Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlock
4. Make sure you have latest device drivers setup on your PC for a better connection. Get it from the official page of your device manufacturer.
5. For ADB and Fastboot download the quick ADB and Fastboot Installer from herefor Windows or use the AnF.zip file in downloads. For Mac, Linux or Chrome OS, get to this page. You may also like Universal ADB drivers.
6. Disable Driver signature enforcement. On windowsXpits not required. But on Windows 7 and above while the PC starts Booting PRESS F8 this will Show a Menu while booting windows, Select Disable Driver signature enforcement and press ENTER. Windows Would boot with it Disabled. If you are having trouble there are other ways as well Google it.
Step 1: Download the two files from the second section and place the files on your PC where you can easily locate it.
Step 2: Make sure that you setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC (Files in the Prerequisites). Trust the connection by checking “Always allow from this computer” when you plug in the Android device to your PC for the first time.
Step 3: Go to the location where you have placed the files and extract and open the AnF.zip download earlier. Now keep the device plugged in and open a command prompt or terminal on your PC. You can simply click the address/location bar in Windows and type “cmd”. Alternatively, hold the shift key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window.
Step 4: Now check the device for ADB connectivity. Issue the following command. Press Enter if your Device is connected Successfully, you will see your device’s Serial Number like below.
- adb devices
Step 5: If it’s successfully connected then boot your Android device into the bootloader or Fastboot mode. To do so, issue the following command through cmd or terminal. Its ” E D L” in lowercase. The phone will reboot after the command to a Black screen. Let the drivers install ” qshusb qloader 9008″.
- adb reboot edl
Step 6: Download and open the latest Mi Flash Tool.
Step 7: Now click Browse then locate the extracted fastboot ROM. Then click Advanced.
Step 8: Browse too flashall.bat in Fastboot ROM folder at First option, the third option to prog_emmc_firehose_8976_ddr.mbn , then last two options browse to rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml
Step 9: Now that Mi flash is Configured. Extract the Downloaded Unlocked bootloader.zip file and then paste and replace the file into the Images folder of your Fastboot ROM
Step 10: Click refresh on Mi flash tool and it will show your phone connected via some Com Port # number. Now click Flash .
Step 11: After the Miflashfastboot is completed successfully if phone reboots or not you need to hard boot it to Fastboot by pressing Volume Down + Power for about 30 + seconds. The phone would Switch to Fastboot Mode . (if Mi flash shows an error on clicking Flash , please restart Miflash and try again)
Step 12: Now again open the cmd.exe from AnF.zip folder and issue the following command. It will show you the current Bootloader Status
- fastboot oem device-info
Step 13: Now to Unlock the bootloader, issue the following command:
- fastboot oem unlock-go
Step 14: Once again check the bootloader status. This time, it should give you a true status.
That’s it. Your Redmi Note 3’s Bootloader is now unlocked. Alternatively, while, on Mac OS, you can issue “./fastboot oem unlock-go” command or on Linux type “sudo fastboot oem unlock-go” to unlock the bootloader.
Plz what i do now i do this process and my mi not opning only show mi and again switch off
thank you very much, i successfully unlock bootloader and now my mobile is working normally in miui7, and very fast than miui 8 no lag and hang problem but the sim slot is not working both the sim slot , however i am gonna flash it with custom rom so sim slot should work normal so thank you for the very detailed guide
i.forget email and password