Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Replacement Program Replaced 96% of 3 Million Devices Sold

Submitted by techyboy on Fri, 02/03/2017 - 06:09
samsung galaxy note 7

Samsung had taken a historical decision of calling sold Galaxy Note 7 phones back for replacement. Galaxy Note 7 fire incidents started to get reported from September 2016. At several places, people are forbidden using Note 7 phones. By the time Samsung had taken decision to replace, already 3 million devices were sold. Finally Samsung halted manufacturing Note 7 devices and called buyers of Note 7 for replacement. Samsung replaced almost 96% of Note 7 s as remaining 4% were not taken by owners to replacement kiosks setup by Samsung.

With this bold move, Samsung has proven to the mobile community that it is ready to take never before taken decisions by any other phone manufacturer to respect customer money and faith on Samsung. Samsung had conducted tests on as many as 2,00,000 devices and 30,000 batteries with 700 engineers to know what went wrong. Third Party analysis by three industry experts were taken for observations. Finally it is battery that is causing all fire problems in Note 7 devices.

Samsung changed its checking process for quality standards. Eight Point check has been introduced to check batteries. Battery Advisory Group also has been formed with experts, academic students and others to get insights about battery technology time to time. 

Samsung sales are almost same before and after the incident. Samsung is a leader in manufacturing Memory Devices, Processors, Displays, Home Electronic Devices and others. People are confidently buying Samsung J5, J7 series phones and High End phones like Galaxy S7 Edge. Companies with Customer First approach flourish a long way.



Facebook Comments

Next Article

All website owners want their sites to be fluid and responsive all times irrespective of visitor traffic. Many hosting providers advertise about their plans to be cheap and best. In fact, all those offerings are related to their Shared Hosting Plans. If you are getting a solid traffic and revenue monthly, you do not need to worry about the hosting plans. These days all are going behind Cloud Servers with Content Management System like Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla. Those who are in initial stages, say with in first two years, you need to think more about the money you spend, google ad revenue you get back and plus & minuses after paying your monthly bills.

Also Read How to Backup and Restore MySql Database Files | MySql Tutorial

Popular Cloud Hosting providers are Godaddy, HostGator, 1&1, Bluehost, Bigrock, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc. Earlier website owners were forced to use VPS (Virtual Private Server) and Dedicated Servers which are very costly and require maintenance. With the introduction of Cloud Servers, it has become easy for Website Starting persons to maintain a site with good speed at minimal cost. Godaddy decided to stop its Bitnami Cloud Servers by November 15, 2017. We chose Bluehost DevCloud servers for its reasonable cost and RAM offerings.

Also Read How to install Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

Bluehost DevCloud website address does not include the name Bluehost.

How to Create a Cloud Server Instance With Wordpress App From Application Stack

1. Choose an Operating System manually if you want.

bluehost devcloud choose operating system


2. Choose an App like Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla and all from the Application Stack that comes with a suitable Operating System.

bluehost devcloud choose application stack


3. Choose a Server Region within you country or abroad.

bluehost devcloud choose server region


4. Most interesting part is choosing a pricing plan or Server Configuration. For most of the websites with less traffic, X1 plan with 1GB RAM is more than sufficient. Your monthly bill be Rs. 335 + Taxes. Bluehost DevCloud server can be easily upgraded to the next version say to x2 with the click of a button in future. More RAM can handle more number of simultaneous user requests with the increase of traffic. College Students can choose the basic plan for their testing and practise purposes. At any time, you can delete this virtual server instance.

bluehost devcloud choose a plan or server configuration

5. Bluehost DevCloud also provides a basic firewall. Finally you choose Create Instance to successfully create your desired cloud server the CMS app of your choice.

bluehost devcloud create cloud server instance


In the next tutorial, we cover how to install SSL certificates on Cloud Server, How to access Command Line Tool and How to Connect to Cloud Server File System using FileZilla Client.

You can drop comments to interact with the author and other users of this site.