All website owners want their sites to be fluid and responsive all times irrespective of visitor traffic. Many hosting providers advertise about their plans to be cheap and best. In fact, all those offerings are related to their Shared Hosting Plans. If you are getting a solid traffic and revenue monthly, you do not need to worry about the hosting plans. These days all are going behind Cloud Servers with Content Management System like Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla. Those who are in initial stages, say with in first two years, you need to think more about the money you spend, google ad revenue you get back and plus & minuses after paying your monthly bills.
Popular Cloud Hosting providers are Godaddy, HostGator, 1&1, Bluehost, Bigrock, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc. Earlier website owners were forced to use VPS (Virtual Private Server) and Dedicated Servers which are very costly and require maintenance. With the introduction of Cloud Servers, it has become easy for Website Starting persons to maintain a site with good speed at minimal cost. Godaddy decided to stop its Bitnami Cloud Servers by November 15, 2017. We chose Bluehost DevCloud servers for its reasonable cost and RAM offerings.
Bluehost DevCloud website address does not include the name Bluehost.
How to Create a Cloud Server Instance With Wordpress App From Application Stack
1. Choose an Operating System manually if you want.
2. Choose an App like Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla and all from the Application Stack that comes with a suitable Operating System.
3. Choose a Server Region within you country or abroad.
4. Most interesting part is choosing a pricing plan or Server Configuration. For most of the websites with less traffic, X1 plan with 1GB RAM is more than sufficient. Your monthly bill be Rs. 335 + Taxes. Bluehost DevCloud server can be easily upgraded to the next version say to x2 with the click of a button in future. More RAM can handle more number of simultaneous user requests with the increase of traffic. College Students can choose the basic plan for their testing and practise purposes. At any time, you can delete this virtual server instance.
5. Bluehost DevCloud also provides a basic firewall. Finally you choose Create Instance to successfully create your desired cloud server the CMS app of your choice.
In the next tutorial, we cover how to install SSL certificates on Cloud Server, How to access Command Line Tool and How to Connect to Cloud Server File System using FileZilla Client.
You can drop comments to interact with the author and other users of this site.