Now a days every where Aadhaar is mandatory KYC document and every time public has to submit a hard copy. Now you don't need to carry Aadhar card everywhere for verification and availing Aadhaar-based services.The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched the mAadhaar app for syncing Aadhaar data on the mobile phone. The mAadhaar app is only available on Android for now, and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
To use the mAadhaar or 'mobile Aadhaar' app, users need to have their phone number registered with UIDAI. Once the process is complete, they can download their details on the app, which will show data such as name, date of birth, gender, address and the photograph on the device. With this mAadhaar, users no need to carry around the hard copy of their Aadhaar with them anymore. This is another step by the government to digitise processes in the country.
1. Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
2. Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
3. TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
4. Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
5. Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
Registered Mobile Number is essential to use mAadhaar app. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrolment Centre/Mobile Update End Point.
HOW TO USE:
1. Application will ask for password as soon as it is opened as the first step. User should enter a password of length minimum 8 and maximum 12 characters.The password should contain atleast 1 number, 1 alphabet, 1 special character ( @,#,&,%,*,!,-,(,) ) and 1 alphabet in capital e.g. Sharma@123
2. Aadhaar profile can be downloaded only on mobile devices having registered mobile number (Registered mobile number is the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar)
3. Please do not navigate from application if it is waiting for SMS. mAadhaar will automatically read the OTP once it is received.
4. There is no provision to manually enter the OTP anywhere in mAadhaar. This is a security feature.
5. mAadhaar needs to connect and download data from UIDAI.So ensure that internet connectivity is available on your phone.
6. One Aadhaar profile can be active on only one device at a time. If you create profile on another device by inserting the sim in another device, the previous profile would become inactive and would be deleted from older device whenever any operation is attempted from that device.
7. If members of your family have the same mobile number registered as you in their Aadhaar, you can add their profile in your device.
8. A user can add maximum 3 profiles in his device, all having same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar.